What is botox?
Botox is a technologically derived protein called botulinum toxin type. Cosmetically, it is a paralyzing and relaxing agent that stops certain muscles or nerves from over-activity and in turn rejuvenates skin’s lustre and youthfulness.
How does Botox work?
Botox works to relax the contraction of muscles by blocking nerve impulses by blocking the signals that would normally tell the muscles to contract. The result is muscles that can no longer contract, and so the wrinkles relax and soften.
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines. When there is a immense amount of expression, muscle will be very active and thus will have increase the tendency of creases or wrinkles, such as but not limited to areas of “frown lines, crows feet, wrinkled nose”.
- Improve facial contours. Everyone has a different sized masticatory muscle, in which will affect one’s facial contours. Due to personal lifestyles and habits, some masticatory muscle movement may sometime be more active than others which will cause facial asymmetry.
- Leg Slimming – Either congenital or caused by excessive daily exercising, the calf muscles may strengthen and develop unwanted muscular formations.
- Reduction of excessive sweating – Sweat secretion is a normal reaction of the body, but excessive sweating is a very disturbing and frustrating to many, especially during hot seasons.
How long does botox last?
- Wrinkles and excessive sweating – effect will take place 2-3 days after treatment; results are most effectively seen in a weeks time. The treatment usually lasts for 3-6 months.
- Slimming (facial contour and legs). Noticeable results will appear 4 weeks after administering the treatment, 2-3 months for best results. Results lasts for 6-9 months.